Tuesday 20 January 2009

I've had a hectic week trying to sort out a place to live next year, plus it seems like wherever I go the internet just won't work so I guess this is some sort of explanation as to why I haven't posted anything yet. I've taken some photos on film, but my printer/scanner in Nottingham has decided to stop working too. It's so annoying when everything breaks at the same time. Anyway, I've come home to Coventry for the night so I've decided to scan in some things here. Whether or not they will be relevant to my project I do not know, but seeing as the title is 'Representing Your World' I thought that I have a lot of images here of things that happened over the summer/christmas holidays. Some of these things I think represent my world, and it's better to have posted something rather than nothing, right?



















The polaroids of the flowers remind me of my garden in the summer. I used to work in a Garden Centre so my mom abused my discount and spent the entire summer holidays making the garden really pretty. One photograph is of my current room here in Nottingham, and the photograph of the end of a bed is my room at home. Both of those places I think are sort of the basis for what represents my world as I spend a lot of time in those rooms. There's a photograph of my Grandad I took on my brothers birthday when we went for a meal. Another photo is of my mom on Christmas day. The other two are kind of random. One is of some of my books on my bedroom floor, which represents my world because I spend a lot of time and money reading and buying books. The other photo of sweets on my bed represents me because I'm messy, there's always a load of rubbish in my bed, and I think the light leak is pretty.




















3 comments:

  1. Great -lots of pics, have you commented on your 'friends' site - Hugh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sophie,

    I really love your photographs and the style in which they were taken. They have a very old-fashioned feel and i love the muted colours in some of them. I particualrly like the photograph of your bedroom at home? (second from last) - i like how there's only pinks and whites and there's something sort of calm and cosy about it.
    I think these photos are a good representation of your world :)

    - Sophie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sophie - are we going to see some more pictures, using this sort of images can be really productive...


    Hugh

    ReplyDelete